Bryan

Default Anchor lines

"Jeff" wrote in message
Bryan wrote:

I double anchor (with two forward) fairly frequently, but have never had a
problem fouling, probably because its so easy to predict where you're
going to end up.

I've only used moorings, single anchor off the bow, and bow and stern
anchoring. I've practiced the other options you've offered, but never
used them.

This thread is going to force me to grab my Annapolis Book of Seamanship
and review the anchoring chapter!

If you really want to learn, get the book by Hinz. And talk to people who
have used a variety of techniques.

If I really want to learn, I need to win the lottery, quit my job, get a new
wife, and send my kids off to college, so that I can spend more time, lots
more time, on the water!

Right now, my sailing, that requires anchoring, is limited to Catalina
Island (bow and stern) and Isla Coronado (single bow).

Bryan