Jonathan Ganz

Default Anchor lines

In article ,
Bryan wrote:
The two anchors off the bow creates cross-over potential, that is rodes
crossing between boats. I would think that bow and stern in tight quarters
eliminates the swing issue and reduces the potential of crossing
lines/rodes.

I've only used moorings, single anchor off the bow, and bow and stern
anchoring. I've practiced the other options you've offered, but never used
them.

This thread is going to force me to grab my Annapolis Book of Seamanship and
review the anchoring chapter!

Good idea! :-)

Actually, there are several two-anchor-off-the-bow methods... 45 deg
angle, one in front of the other, for example.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com