Wayne.B

Default free cal 34-was sunk-Grand Isle, LA

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:51:52 -0500, Larry wrote:

Make a nice slow trawler for the weekender on a budget.

Not really.

Remember the hull is leaking badly enough to resink the boat, and
particularly on a Cal-34, that is not a good sign. Probably either
the keel shell is damaged or something like the rudder tube has come
unstuck. The rudder tube could probably be repaired but the
fiberglass keel shell is next to impossible without a total do over.

Last but not least you've got to get the slime and odor out of the
boat which is not trivial, and hope that the deck cores have not
become wet, and the bulkheads delaminated.

And then there is the rolling issue. A Cal-34 without a mast is not a
fun place to be. Don't ask me how I know that...

Like I said, negative value.