Jim Carter

Default Corrupt liberal media fails to cover the news

wrote in message
ups.com...
Anybody else notice how the corrupt liberal media has failed to report
on the massacre going on in China right now? Of course they wont
report it because this would tarnish the image of the system they love
so much.

I checked with a source, in Asia, and found that only two were killed and
several wounded. It seems that the villagers attacked the police and some
resisted arrest while others were prepared to "fire bomb" the police.

Perhaps the killings were justified????

Here is another report from the "news blaze" Radio Free Asia.

Chinese Police Fire on Protesters, Killing At Least Two
By Radio Free Asia

HONG KONG - At least two villagers in China's southern province of Guangdong
have died after police fired on a crowd protesting the construction of a
wind power plant, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reports.

Witnesses told RFA's Mandarin service that by 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, villagers
Jiang Hu and Jiang Guanji had died in the local hospital while a third,
identified as Tang Daxiang, was receiving emergency treatment. Dongzhou
Hospital authorities near the city of Shanwei confirmed two deaths and one
wounded undergoing treatment, but they declined to give names.

"At least four villagers have died," another villager said at approximately
11:30 p.m. "There is a dead body on the street yet to be retrieved. Many are
wounded by gunshots. I don't know what kind of guns. I just know they were
using real bullets on us. No policemen were wounded."

"The hospital has become a virtual funeral hall with family members of the
dead crying," one villager told reporter Ding Xiao.

"They were bleeding. One was hit in the head, one in the foot, and one in
the torso. They have been rushed to Dongzhou Hospital. We have prepared
detonators. We're ready to fight," another said.

Riot police sent

According to several eyewitness accounts, hundreds of riot police moved into
the site of the wind power plant Monday after a long-simmering dispute over
how much villagers should be paid for land slated to become a wind-power
plant. Around midday Tuesday, three representatives from Dongzhou village
went to the site to see what was happening. The three villagers were
immediately detained, witnesses said.

Shortly after 5 p.m., thousands of villagers showed up at the site of the
plant and demanded the release of the three representatives, they said.
Police stationed inside the power plant fired tear gas at the crowd but
caused no serious injuries. Later Tuesday, authorities dispatched several
hundred more riot police to the site of the plant but they were stopped
outside Dongzhou village by villagers.

"We are really scared. We need your help. The riot police are at the
entrance of our village. There are several hundred of them, between 400 and
500," one villager said in an interview that was cut off several times.

No answer, no comment from officials

"They were firing shots. But they were afraid to move in. We had blocked the
roads with water pipes, gasoline and detonators," another villager said.
"And there were about 10,000 villagers there. We tried calling the central
government several times for help. But all we got was answering machines."

Riot police have now crashed through roadblocks set up by villagers and
dismantled their tents near the power plant. Villagers have retreated back
to Dongzhou village, they said.

Li Min, deputy mayor of Shanwei and chief of public security, asked to
comment by phone, said only, "I don't know" and hung up. Guangdong
provincial public security offices and the Guangdong provincial government
went unanswered.

A duty officer at the Dongzhou police station said, "I am not familiar with
the situation." Asked to confirm that two villagers had died, he said,
"There is no such thing," and hung up.

Local sources said construction began on a wind-power plant several months
ago but halted amid a dispute over land compensation.

----

Radio Free Asia is a private, nonprofit corporation that broadcasts news and
information to listeners in those East Asian countries where full, accurate,
and timely news reports are unavailable. RFA adheres to the highest
standards of journalism and strives for accuracy, balance, and fairness in
its editorial content. RFA is funded by an annual grant from the nonprofit
Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG).