Larry

Default Anchor lines

Gary wrote in news:wYDmf.85849$Gd6.46791
@pd7tw3no:

I have 280 feet of chain but the PO rigged the cable locker so there is
a hawse pipe that leads down under the forward berth. The original
cable locker (forward of the berth and higher) is now where the spare
rode (rope with 20 feet of chain reside. The setup works very well and
keeps the weight low and farther aft.
The boat is a Truant 33 Pilothouse (similar to the Gulf)

In the Amel ketch, the chain locker is forward of the forward watertight
bulkhead, at your feet in the vberth. It has a drain into the bilge,
somewhere in the bottom of it because when you flush it it runs the bilge
pump and water comes out the forward compartment shutoff valve from the
2nd watertight compartment, the head and v-berth forward of the salon's
forward watertight bulkhead, so I'd think the chain goes very deep into
the hull and piles up in the V of the bow down low. There are two huge
lockers on either side of the anchor chain windlass that are very deep,
deep enough so when you stand in them it's up to your thighs so all that
chain must be stored down centerline very deep between them.

Maybe, because it is so deep, it doesn't destabilize the trim up forward,
being under the waterline or almost.