JR North

Default Teenagers, Cars and GPS?

'Preciate that. My lawyer has been bugging me for a new case lately.
JR

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

JR,
Where do you live? I am going to ask her to put her practice hours in your
neighborhood.

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .

Geeez...a cell phone, gps, blabbing friends, blaring tunes...Hope your
insurance is paid up. Oh, and please tell us where she will be driving, so
we can get the hell out of the way.
JR

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

Our youngest daughter will be turning 16 in Jan. My wife wants to give
her a GPS unit for the car. My wife's logic is she would be a safer
driver, if she didn't knew where she was going, and was not looking for
street names and addresses.

It seems to me that another electronic toy in the car is just another
thing to distract her from watching the road.

Does anyone have any experience with GPS and teenagers?

and

Most importantly, does anyone have any experience buying a handheld unit
that has both maps for city driving and nautical charts?