Jeff

Default Anchor lines

Gordon wrote:
I've got all chain also but it would be nice to get rid of 300+ # in the
bow. This is in a 32' Gulf pilothouse and the weight is enough to put the
bow down a couple inches so rain water gathers on the deck inside of running
out the aft scuppers at dock.
Gordon.

Are you sure you need all that chain? Where do you cruise? Do you
have a powered windlass?

My previous boat came with a lot of chain (90-100 feet), plus heavy
nylon and a heavy anchor. After I downsized I was much happier. Now
I don't hesitate to haul and reset the anchor. On my current boat I
have an electric windlass, but I still feel better with only 50 feet
of chain, which I can easily haul by hand.