thunder

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:00:15 -0500, John H. wrote:

Your words, not mine. I've never used that phrase to refer to the
Catholic church.

\
George W. Bush: American Nero.

Bull****! You said, "...your stinking religion..." I am Catholic, and have
probably said so in the group, or at least implied same. In any case,
you've undoubtedly got the information in your 'rec.boats data base'.

A little spinning there, aren't you John? When Harry used that phrase the
meaning was clear. It was a statement on the separation of church and
state, not a slight on any religion.

The context:

As I have oft posted: this is America; keep your stinking religion out
of my state. What you do in your home or in your church or in your
church-related schools is the business of you and your co-religionists,
but please don't try to shovel those activities or beliefs onto the rest
of us through governmental action.