JimH

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

"John H." wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:41:53 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" Ask me about
my driveway leading up to
my manor. wrote:

JohnH,

I am not Catholic, but I thought Christmas Mass was like a Jewish Temple
for
the High Holidays. You had so many people showing up that they had
trouble
sitting all of the people who wanted to attend. Many temples will provide
tickets to the active members of the temple. Do they ever limit
attendance
to at the Church to active Catholics? Or do they allow the dregs of
society
in?

I am just wondering how Harry is allowed to attend Christmas Mass. A non
Catholic, who is not even a Christian. Does this mean an active, devote
Catholic will have to stand up in the back of Church so Harry can attend
Mass?

Most Catholic churches have a 'midnight mass' which is, as you say,
packed. There are also masses on
Christmas day, but the midnight mass seems to be the most popular. I've
never heard of tickets being
used, or any other attempt to limit attendance. The dregs are allowed.

If Harry is attending such a mass, then he surely has a motive. My guess
is that he was invited to
attend by someone to whom he feels a need to 'suck up'. Or, he just wants
to be able to disparage
the mass next time he's in the group. Or both.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of
OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

Both of you are appearing a bit foolish for putting down a man planning to
attend Christmas mass.

John, you may want to take your sig line to heart,. ;-)