Skipper

Default Better *Defensive* Handgun

Harry Krause wrote:

Yes, the double action requires a determined trigger pull, while many
autos have hair triggers.

Hair trigger? You mean a trigger that requires an extremely light pull?
Almost any handgun can be modified so that it has what you probably mean
by "hair trigger." Trigger pulls on many revolvers are easily
adjustable. There are huge "sections" on many gunsmithing discussion
groups on lightening trigger pull on "sixguns" used in cowboy action
competition. Your premise is wrong, as is your conclusion. More
misinformed Skipper b.s.

Did you miss the mention of double action? Do you know what that means?
Next time, please put your brain in gear before engaging that keyboard.

Both my double action .38 Special and .357 S&Ws have a thumb safety.
Even my single action .44 Ruger has safety indents *between* the
chambered cartridges.

The handguns I shoot have a better safety.

Oh, I'm sure you have better 'stuff' than anyone else, Krause.

I keep my finger off the trigger until I am ready to fire. That way,
the gun cannot go off unless I make it go off.

And I'm sure you'll remember that in the heat of battle.

One of the Ruger semis I play with has a thumb safety. I never bother
with it. Again, if my finger is not inside the trigger guard,
I am not planning to shoot. If it is, I am about to shoot.

Must be a terrible burden to be so gifted, Krause.

Even though I had years of experience with shotguns before taking up
handguns, I still enrolled in an eight hour individual handgun training
course taught by a an experienced instructor. We spent most of the first
session on semi auto handgun safety, including clearing jams, stovepipes,
misfires, et cetera. The last hour of that first session was on the
range, where he'd hand me mags "with problems" to slap into the
handgun I was using.

Very commendable that you enrolled in a basic gun safety course.

On the outdoor ranges I visit, if the range master sees anyone walking
or standing around with their finger inside the trigger guard, they're
told to leave for the day.

You're allowed to walk away from shooting positions with a gun in your
hand AND clip or cylinder engaged? Interesting range master you have
there, Krause.

Methinks your handgun experience is like your boating experience,
Snipper. You haven't any.

Whatever.

BTW, J. Curtis Earl was an old family friend we knew for over 4 decades.
It was through him that I initially got involved in shooting sports. Do
you know who he was or about his guns?

--
Skipper