Bill McKee

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

"Don White" wrote in message
John H. wrote:

HEY!! I showed up when I was called! I didn't get selected, but at least
I went. Maybe I just looked
too smart.

--
John H

One look at that yellow V8 Mustang & they had you figured for a dope
dealer.

They accept dope dealers. It is people with a brain and an education that
the seem to reject. In the last 5 years, I have been summoned 6 times, and
3 I had to show up. Of the 3, 2 were capitol murder 1 cases and the 3rd was
a murder 1 non-death penalty case. Here in California, they at least have
something right. On the big cases, you fill out a 40 plus page
questionnaire on your feelings on death penalty, guns, penalty, have you
been assaulted, hassled by a cop, etc. Then the judge and both sides
lawyers go through the answers. Eliminates at least 50% up front, without
everyone spending a week listening to the same questions asked everybody
else. Been there, done that in about 1978. Of the 2 I have been called to
serve on, they then question you in person. Judge liked me, prosecution
like me, defense excused me.