Rosalie B.

Default Bareboat Charter Tipping

"Scotty" wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote

Perhaps some of the cruise ship habits are creeping over into

the charter
business.

I don't think this is it - I've seen tip jars on snorkeling cruises,
and at the counters of buffet type restaurants. And people used to
tip the gas jockeys at the service stations.

Oh great....

Is there a lot of tipping expected on a cruise ship?

SBV

Depends on what you think of as a lot. In the old days the cabin
stewards and the dining room personnel were tipped on the last day of
the cruise. We have been on two cruises, and we were
expected/required to give $10/day/person, and in addition, the things
you got from the bar or treatments at the spa etc were separate tips
and/or a mandatory service charge.

grandma Rosalie