Doug Kanter

Default Better *Defensive* Handgun

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

I've fitted Crimson Trace Laser grips to my S/W .357 magnum on the
theory that once the perp realizes there is a bright red dot moving
about the middle of his chest a motivation change will result. Thus,
no
need to pull the trigger...the ultimate *defensive* weapon.
When did you get a pardon? Ex-felons aren't usually allowed ownership
of
handguns. Even wheel guns.
So, which is the better *defensive* handgun, a S&W .357 mag fitted with
laser grips or a Glock auto?

--
Skipper
I'd take a Glock 34 any day over that wheelgun. Fully legal mag on the

You have a single or double action wheelgun? If double, you keep a
chamber empty for safety's sake? If so, that means the G34 mag holds
more than three times the number of rounds.

You've got it backwards. Single action guns are more likely to be a
problem with the hammer closed on a loaded chamber. And, unless his gun
is ancient, it has a transfer bar.

The single-action Ruger wheelgun I sometimes shoot has a transfer bar. In
fact, I believe all Ruger single-actions these days have transfer bars.

The new Ruger single action guns have the transfer bar. And, the instruction
manuals for new Ruger products all contain a outer cover which says that if
you return certain older guns to them, they'll install a modification at no
charge to the gun passes the Massachusetts "drop test". They cover all costs
except shipping the gun to them.