John H.

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:37:01 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Make him release it?

You're offering up a straw man argument.
In that case, why do you suppose air marshals and certain other types of
marksmen are trained (with great difficulty) to shoot first at the head?
To show off? Because they get more points or something?

You have said you own a handgun. Would it be correct to assume that
you've pondered the possibility that you might have to use it against an
intruder in your home? Not point it and then argue. I mean USE it. If
your answer is yes, then have you spent any time at all reading about HOW
to use it in those circumstances?

My home defense firearm is a shotgun. I've pondered whether I might have
to use it. Under the right circumstances, I would. I know how to use it.
But home defense is not the same as what we are discussing.

Now you're using NOYB's tactics: Changing the subject to avoid answering
important questions. You wondered what a head shot would do insofar as a
person's ability to use his finger. I explained that this is precisely the
shot that certain kinds of marksmen are trained to make FIRST. This is a
different approach than used in a typical defense situation. What I've just
told you are facts. Why do you think air marshals are trained to shoot this
way?

Again:

Why do you think air marshals are trained to shoot this way?

You asked whether I had thought about using a gun on an intruder and how
I would use it. I answered both questions.

My question about the head shot was this, in more simpler terms. If a
perp has his finger on a spring trigger that releases when he releases
his finger, and you shoot him in the head, what happens to the trigger?
It was only a rhetorical question.

If the perp had had a pressure-release device in the pack, he would not have had his arms out to
begin with.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.