Wayne.B

Default Anchor lines

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:01:16 -0800, "Gordon"
wrote:

How do you
prevent that?

==========================

I use chain. :-)

The boat still wanders but to a lesser extent. I can actually track
the swing arc on my chart plotter when sufficiently zoomed in. In
addition to the chain rode, I use a nylon hook line which acts as a
shock absorber. After setting up the hook line I let out additional
chain sufficicent to create a loop touching the bottom. This deepens
the chain catenary and creates some friction with the bottom near the
bow of the boat. It still wanders.

Probably the best answer for a non-chain rode is to send down a kellet
(weight or secondary anchor) on a messenger line. If nothing else
this will shorten up your swing radius.