Doug Kanter

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 06:32:35 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:24:01 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 8 Dec 2005 18:31:54 -0800, wrote:

You couldn't begin to compare this situation with say, Kent State,
for
example.
I'm betting that by tomorrow, it will be a racial incident and that
the Reverend Jackson will be right in the middle of it.

Interesting though that it's the second Brazilian shot dead in the
past six months or so for refusing to respond to police commands.

Anyway, there were more witness reports of the guy talking about bomb
that the two who said they never heard it, so it probably was a good
shoot. Those guys have a tough job - I hope the Marshall can handle
it without falling apart.
The fellow who was shot was a US citizen, and I believe he was a
native of Costa Rica.
Hmmm - report I saw said Brazil. Hey, critical incidents create a lot
of fog and false impressions - the guys main mistake was not stopping
when he was told to.

Yeah, well, if he were suffering from a serious mental illness, he might
not have heard the commands or he might have thought they were coming
from spiders, or, well, who knows, eh?

Understood, but you can't make that kind of distinction in the middle
of a crisis situation. I'd bet it was horrible confused, the guy was
running, his wife was screaming - panic. The Marshal did the right
thing and can't be faulted for it as much as some would like to make
him the villain in this.

You know, I'm not saying they should be faulted. I'm simply saying there
should be a coroner's inquest. I also think marshals should be equipped
with tasers in addition to pistolas.

I wonder if a taser would be a good idea for use near an electrical
detonation device.