posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff

Default "Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

Vito wrote:
"Scout" wrote

The chapter on Iraq is still being written.

True, but indications are we are in deep trouble.

Religious fundamentalism is the enemy of all mankind. Europeans were afraid
to explore west because the church told them they would sail off the edge of
the world - never mind that ancient Egyptians and Greeks had not only
determined that Earth was round but estimated its diameter.

Nonsense. Everyone (except apparently Columbus) thought that China
was simply too far away.

Israel almost
died abirthing when Jewish fundamentalists demanded that the rest stop
defending themselves for Sabbath (Fortunately they didn't listen).

More nonsense. There may have been such fundamentalists, but the
chances that anyone would listen to them on that point was about zero.
Remember the original fighters were secular Jews, not ultra-orthodox.

Scientists know that the Earth will become another Easter Island if we do
not limit population but only the "Godless Communists" in China are doing
so.

Yet more nonsense. The world population is already leveling off.
Many countries are slowing dramatically, and the only countries
showing long term growth are in Africa and the sub-continent. It
won't be long before the population of Japan exceeds Russia, for instance.

Here in the US faith is triumphing over logic and common sense and we
are poised to again outlaw birth control and abortion.

time will tell ...