Bryan

Default Best Handheld VHF?

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:57:31 GMT, "Bryan"
wrote:

Primary and ditch. Need dependable 30 NM range maximum. Need a
waterproof
floater (it'll get wet if I'm floating about in my pfd while I wait for a
ride). Don't know what bells and whistles I could need.

You ain't gonna get that with a hand held. Mile to maybe two miles in
the best of conditions even at 5 watts.

If you are that concerned about overboard and sitting and waiting, get
a EPIRB or PLB are much better choices than a radio.

Ain't gonna happen with a handheld though.

Later,

Tom

Consider me better educated vhf. Now, what's PLB.