posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Default "Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

Sure Gary... next thing you'll claim that Iraq wasn't involved in 911!
.... or that Saddam had no intention of attacking the USA!!

Joe wrote:
Saddam was a terrorist and was a known supporter of terrorist.

Actually, there has never been a single shred of proof that
Saddam Hussein's gov't ever had the slightest involvement
with anti-US terrorism.

Iraq and terrorism go back decades. Baghdad trains Palestine Liberation
Front members in small arms and explosives. Saddam uses the Arab
Liberation Front to funnel money to the families of Palestinian suicide
bombers in order to prolong the intifada.

I see, we invaded Iraq and took out Saddam to proetect Israel?

... And it's no secret that
Saddam's own intelligence service was involved in dozens of attacks or
attempted assassinations in the 1990s.

You're right Joe, it's not a secret... it's utter malarkey.
Of course, they did make some vague threats about trying to
assassinate President Bush's daddy... that's reason enough
to start a war, sure.

Saddam has and had a sinister nexus with al-Qaeda and bin Laden....

Wow, that's impressive. I didn't know you knew words like
"nexus."

Iraqi officials denied ties with al-Qaeda. These denials are simply not
credible.

Really? What actual evidence exists that Iraq and/or Saddam
had *any* ties to Al Queda and the Sept 11th attack? There
certainly has been none presented to any serious
investigator. Vice President Cheney alluded to such things
to the investigating committee but did not provide a single
bit of corroborating info. None, nada, zip.

Saddam Hussein's use of mustard and nerve gas against the Kurds in 1988
was one of the 20th century's most horrible atrocities. Five thousand
men, women and children died. His campaign against the Kurds from 1987
to '89 included mass summary executions, disappearances, arbitrary
jailing, ethnic cleansing and the destruction of some 2,000 villages.

So why did we wait almost 20 years, Joe?

For more than 20 years, by word and by deed, Saddam Hussein pursued his
ambition to dominate Iraq and the broader Middle East using the only
means he knows: intimidation, coercion and annihilation of all those
who might stand in his way.

And helped by his Reagan era business partners, George Bush
Sr and Don Rumsfeld.

It's a long long list of bluster & bull****, Joe. Very short
on fact. Is that what you want America's future based on?

I agree that things are very dangerous for us right now, but
until we start actually fighting terrorism by effective
means, and eliminating the nuclear weapons held by Iran &
Korea, we're marching boldly into quicksand.

DSK