posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default "Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

Sure Gary... next thing you'll claim that Iraq wasn't involved in 911!
.... or that Saddam had no intention of attacking the USA!!

Saddam was a terrorist and was a known supporter of terrorist. After
911 and his invading Kuwait we could no longer afford to let him keep
on...keeping on. Our concern was Saddam providing illicit weapons to
terrorists and terrorist organizations that have no compunction about
using such devices against innocent people around the world.

Iraq and terrorism go back decades. Baghdad trains Palestine Liberation
Front members in small arms and explosives. Saddam uses the Arab
Liberation Front to funnel money to the families of Palestinian suicide
bombers in order to prolong the intifada. And it's no secret that
Saddam's own intelligence service was involved in dozens of attacks or
attempted assassinations in the 1990s.

Saddam has and had a sinister nexus with al-Qaeda and bin Laden....a
nexus that combines classic terrorist organizations and modern methods
of murder.

Iraq today harbors a deadly terrorist network, headed by Abu Mussab
al-Zarqawi, an associate and collaborator of Osama bin Laden and his
al-Qaeda lieutenants.

Zarqawi, a Palestinian born in Jordan, fought in the Afghan War more
than a decade ago. Returning to Afghanistan in 2000, he oversaw a
terrorist training camp.

In 2000, Zarqawi offered al-Qaeda safe haven in the region. After we
swept al-Qaeda from Afghanistan, some of its members accepted this safe
haven. They remain there today.

Zarqawi's activities were know thruout Iraq while under Saddams rule.
He traveled to Baghdad in May 2002 for medical treatment, staying in
the capital of Iraq for two months while he recuperated to fight
another day.

During this stay, nearly two dozen extremists converged on Baghdad and
established a base of operations there. These al-Qaeda affiliates,
based in Baghdad, now coordinate the movement of people, money and
supplies into and throughout Iraq for his network, and they are still
operating in Iraq.

Iraqi officials denied ties with al-Qaeda. These denials are simply not
credible.

An al-Qaeda associate bragged before the war that the situation in Iraq
was, quote, "good," that Baghdad could be transited quickly.

Saddam was a supporter of terrorism long before these terrorist
networks had a name, and this support continues. The nexus of poisons
and terror is new; the nexus of Iraq and terror is old. The combination
is lethal.

With this track record, Iraqi denials of supporting terrorism take
their place alongside the other Iraqi denials of weapons of mass
destruction. It is all a web of lies.

When we confront a regime that harbors ambitions for regional
domination, hides weapons of mass destruction and provides haven and
active support for terrorists, we are not confronting the past, we are
confronting the present. And unless we act, we are confronting an even
more frightening future.

Americans are the most welcomed and loved people on the entire planet. They
are the last bastions of freedom and peace.

Well it seems we are doing most the work to put an end to Saddams
Hitler type tatics. Not Canada, France, Germany, ect lifted a finger to
stop Saddam's violations of human rights and utter contempt for human
life.

Saddam Hussein's use of mustard and nerve gas against the Kurds in 1988
was one of the 20th century's most horrible atrocities. Five thousand
men, women and children died. His campaign against the Kurds from 1987
to '89 included mass summary executions, disappearances, arbitrary
jailing, ethnic cleansing and the destruction of some 2,000 villages.

He has also conducted ethnic cleansing against the Shi'a Iraqis and the
Marsh Arabs, whose culture has flourished for more than a millennium.

Saddam Hussein's police state ruthlessly eliminates anyone who dares to
dissent. Iraq has more forced disappearance cases than any other
country -- tens of thousands of people reported missing in the past
decade.

Nothing pointed more clearly to Saddam Hussein's dangerous intentions
and the threat he posed to all of us than his calculated cruelty to his
own citizens and to his neighbors. Clearly, Saddam Hussein and his
regime would of stopped at nothing until we stopped him.

For more than 20 years, by word and by deed, Saddam Hussein pursued his
ambition to dominate Iraq and the broader Middle East using the only
means he knows: intimidation, coercion and annihilation of all those
who might stand in his way.

Given Saddam Hussein's history of aggression, given what we knew of his
grandiose plans, given what we knew of his terrorist associations and
given his determination to exact revenge on those who oppose him,
should we have taken the risk that he will not someday use weapons at a
time and a place and in a manner of his choosing, at a time when the
world was in a much weaker position to respond?

The United States could not run that risk to the American people.
Leaving Saddam Hussein in power was not an option, not in a
post-September 11th world.

The USA single-handedly won both
world wars. If it wasn't for the USA we'd all be speaking Gerpan or Japman!!

How true:0)

Now they are fighting the crusade for proper Christian beliefs!

Someone has to make a stand against evil people like Saddam. Canada
could not bothered with such trivial things.

Joe