Gary

Default Urgent ! Can anyone understand these safety data ?

DSK wrote:
Umm, no... from the discussion so far, I'd say that you are the one
doing exactly that.

Gary wrote:

I am simply trying to understand how the inclining experiment can come
up with an AVS (LOPS) of 110 on a boat that claims a much greater AVS.

Well, the incline experiment is a real world measure of actual
stability. In the absence of a test to, say maybe 100 degrees or so, I'd
be inclined to consider the incline experiment as a less certain way of
finding LPOS than the longhand method using the full lines plan.... but
a far more certain way of determining it than using the "short hand"
method based on simple ratios & a fixed input number.

I am aware of how incline experiments work. I'm not sure which way is
the better to calculate AVS.

AFAIK nobody ever said the Tayana had an LPOS of 110 degrees but Evan
Gatehouse was pointing out that the mathematical formula used to derive
it's claimed LPOS used 110 degrees as a fixed input no matter what the
boat or hull type.

The original graphs posted by Popeye calculated the AVS at 110. That
was the genesis of the discussion.

In the above statement, I was pointing out to Mr. Gatehouse that his
estimate of the 460 being "tender" based on the LOPS and ballast ratio
was not necessarily correct. But he should know, he sails a cat. (No
ballast)

Before that, he owned & sailed & cruised a real crab crusher. IMHO the
gentleman knows that of which he speaks.

What's a crab crusher?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King