Larry

Default New portable DVD player....

"Skip Gundlach" skipgundlach at gmail dotcom wrote in
:

How do I do newsgroup subscriptions through a foreign (not native to
my machine, therefore, not keyed to a service they provide) ISP,
unknown to me (I wouldn't know the ISP, and even if I did, most likely
it would be keyed to whomever it was that provided the signal, which I
would not know)?

Buy into your own newsgroup service, Skip. I recommend Usenetserver.com
for its completeness and unlimited service. http://www.usenetserver.com/

You can try it for 3 days for $3 to see if it suits your purpose. As you
are connecting directly to their server beast through a regular internet
connection, it matters not who's running the net. Some ISPs, in an
attempt to shed using their service for downloading anything of value,
block port 119, the NNTP port. No problem. Usenetserver has just
responded to this nonsense by opening up 5 other port numbers for their
customers to access. Read about the odd port numbers on their website.
You'll have to specify which port number your news client uses or it will
use port 119. Not sure which client you use so can't tell you how to
configure the odd port. I hope you're not using Micro$not's Outlook
hacker target. Xnews in my message is a fine news client. I'm using it
to type this message.

Unlimited usenet service from UNS is $15/mo on your credit card for six
simultaneous port connections, no censoring of binaries in any group, no
logging or other funny business, no complaints how much you use it and NO
GIGABYTE LIMIT PER MONTH, which is its finest feature for me....(c;