DSK

Default Urgent ! Can anyone understand these safety data ?

Umm, no... from the discussion so far, I'd say that you are the one
doing exactly that.

Gary wrote:
I am simply trying to understand how the inclining experiment can come
up with an AVS (LOPS) of 110 on a boat that claims a much greater AVS.

Well, the incline experiment is a real world measure of
actual stability. In the absence of a test to, say maybe 100
degrees or so, I'd be inclined to consider the incline
experiment as a less certain way of finding LPOS than the
longhand method using the full lines plan.... but a far more
certain way of determining it than using the "short hand"
method based on simple ratios & a fixed input number.

AFAIK nobody ever said the Tayana had an LPOS of 110 degrees
but Evan Gatehouse was pointing out that the mathematical
formula used to derive it's claimed LPOS used 110 degrees as
a fixed input no matter what the boat or hull type.

In the above statement, I was pointing out to Mr. Gatehouse that his
estimate of the 460 being "tender" based on the LOPS and ballast ratio
was not necessarily correct. But he should know, he sails a cat. (No
ballast)

Before that, he owned & sailed & cruised a real crab
crusher. IMHO the gentleman knows that of which he speaks.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King