posted to rec.boats.building
Dave Allyn

Default Bruce Roberts

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 07:54:58 -0500, Kevin Brooker
wrote:

So, if I take the play, Romeo and Juliet, and change each name in the
script but nothing else I can claim it as my own?

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:12:21 +0100, GK wrote:

I am considering to build a Bruce Roberts 370 D.
I have read some pro´s and contra´s concerning his design.
What is your opinion ?

concerning the prices: My very personal opinion is that
the cutting files for the 370 D (!) for about US$ 8 T are overpriced,
as well as to buy the precut steel for about US$ 30 T, only the steel
precut, not the complete steel caso.

I have an offer from a (professional) shipyard which offers me to build
the caso,
based on the 370 D study plans, for less.
What is your opinion about this ?
Is this possible from the technical point of view ?

Thanks,

Fred

Here's the next situation:

I wanted to build a canoe. I looked around the internet, and came up
with a number of plans I liked, but didn't want to buy right then. I
ended up taking what I liked from a couple of differant ones, and
building what I wanted in Hulls.

Did I steal the sites ideas?

Next question: If I took the "look and feel" of one boat off a site,
and reproduced it in hulls, without study plans, only dimentions, and
eye-ball shape from a site, is that wrong?

I personally feel my design is MY design, even if inspired by several
other designs.

email: dave-afo at mchsi dot com

please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!