K. Smith

Default E-Tec - Whats your experience?

wrote:
Thats a dent in the track record

I havent been able to find much about the Etec online .... Would you
mind letting me know where to look for to gather more info?

Of course the guy talking about the comparison with his TDI doesnt make
any sense, the low temp issue doesnt look too serious but the Kabooms
are concerning ..

Are those little pains of a new product or a fundamental issue?

IF the Etec works it looks like THE motor for me ... light, quiet,
powerful, no maintenance ... What more can the boaters heart desire?
(Except no kabooms of course ..)

Matt

The "Kabooms" are a risk with any engine run lean at power & the risk is
aggravated if the injection pressure (therefore atomisation) is low.

Even at it's worst I guess there were 4 in 5 Ficht owners happy?? well
except their boats had become worthless:-) However a 1 in 5 risk is way
too high given they cost as much as a medium sized car. A 1 in 500 risk
is still too high for a consumer marketed OB engine.

As for the E-Tecs, all I can say is that when the Fichts were dying it
was exactly & I do mean exactly the same as right now; the reports were
coming in yet scared owners wouldn't/couldn't believe it & brain dead
liars like Krause even joined the dealers in fabricating stories to
support the marketing of failing engines.

Right up to about 2 weeks before OMC officially went under the dealers
were still here spruiking their BS about them, attacking anyone who was
trying to warn people of the dangers & essentially just telling lies.

The reason the dealers were so excited about selling defective engines
came out at the OMC bankruptcy hearings when it was finally
revealed/confirmed that the dealers were getting over 30% markup (total
of kickbacks & rebates) to sell sell sell known defective Ficht

Of course like all cowardly dealer liars they just went away after OMC
rolled over despite people all but begging for help or even the most
basic of info in this NG, the very same scum that had induced people to
buy their defective engines in the first place.

They're not worth the risk & if anyone who has had 1 in 3 fail says
otherwise ask yourself why they would be so silly as to take that risk
again & at full tilt no less:-) More money than brains?? yes obviously,
but at this rate pretty soon they'll have no money nor brains.