posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Jere Lull

Default Which Bilge Pump?

In article .com,
"Chris" wrote:

Does 'auto' for the rule mean it switches on and of every few
seconds, regardless if there is water or not?

Sometimes. Check the specs, as some simply have enclosed switches.

If that is the case, are there any small bilge pumps that are truly
automatic, i.e. switching on only when there actually is water?

I don't have a lot of space, about 3.5" wide and 6.5" deep.

They exist, but I prefer discrete components.

--
Jere Lull