Gary Warner

Default Rub Rail Issue !

Joe,

I bought my stainless-steel rub rail from www.stright-mackay.com

It's a Canadian company which made the prices better. The people on the
phone
were quite helpful. I don't know if they have your size. I think the web
site shows
sizes & prices, but all them if you don't see what you want.

CAUTION: I needed two 8 foot pieces and so ordered 16 feet. What they sent
was
a 12 foot and a 4 foot. When taking the order they didn't say they couldn't
ship 16 feet.
It was stupid of me for not specifying what I wanted and/or thinking they
maybe they
could not ship 16 feet. But they should have asked or called back and not
just assumed
that 12 + 4 is the same as 16. However, when I called them and explained,
they made
it right. I forget the details if I had to pay anything for shipping parts
back or whatever,
but I do remember that I felt they were very fair about the situation.

Also: I seem to remember some currency conversoin issue when I bought
from a Canadian company. They messed up something. But I also bought some
other stuff from another Canadian company around the same time so it might
have been them.

Good Luck
Gary

"JK" wrote in message
Where to Look ?
I'm trying to help my brother out finding Anodized Aluminum or SS
Rub Rail, approx 5/8"-3/4" wide & 1/8"-1/4" thick with a "Slight Crown"
like this ( .
Looking for lengths Longer than 6' if it's made.
Trying to not have too many seams (joints) if possible, on a 19' jet
boat
he's working on.
Already checked Boat US, West, Marine Surplus with no luck !
Joe in SW FL.