Short Wave Sportfishing

Default How to find someone to check out a used boat

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:50:51 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I live on Long Island, and am looking at a used boat. I was wondering
if anyone can tell me the best way to find someone to examine it
before making the purchase. My father in law knows an engine guy, but
I don't know anyone who knows hulls/bodies.

Thanks

Give a call to Boat/US and ask for a surveyor in your area. They are good
on the insurance price also.

Ever had a claim with them? Just curious - I'm thinking about
seperating the boats out from the umbrella policy.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)