John H

Default ( OT ) Great debate (interview?) KWIATKOWSKI vs GIBSON (Faux "News"?)

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:17:55 -0800, jps wrote:

In article , jherring$$@
$$cox**.net says...
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:00:36 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:43:10 -0500, John H wrote:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That
is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

I don't understand the logic in using the above quote. I would suggest
that the absence of WMDs in Iraq, shows that Clinton was successful in his
efforts, without the loss of 500 American soldiers and a couple of hundred
billion dollars.

Clinton's policy called for a regime change in Iraq.

Yes, but using diplomacy and a real coalition. One that wouldn't have
cost America 1000 lives, 10000 injuries and hundreds of billions of
dollars.

Bush's objective may not have been flawed, his methods certainly were.

jps

A policy of inaction, in other words.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD