Doug Kanter

Default OT National Geographic - favourite tourism sites

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

If you read the entire article that you cited, you'd know *why* the Gulf
Coast of Florida wasn't listed:

"Popular places today are subject to a variety of pressures - development,
pollution, globalization, mass tourism," the magazine's publisher stated.
"We wanted to get a measure of how well destinations are taking care of
themselves."

"Typical sun-and-sand destinations score low because most are vulnerable

overbuilding and degradation."

Wanna know *why* we're vulnerable to "overbuilding and degradation"?
Because people actually *want* to live in Southwest Florida. I know it's

difficult concept to understand for someone that lives in a place where
more people are emigrating from than immigrating to...

As with most magazine articles, the data is too simple to draw any
conclusions from, other than to say that some types of people want to live
in a certain type of environment. If the area you're talking about continues
to rise in popularity, it's inevitable that it'll turn into an endless mass
of concrete and strip malls. The only people with a decent view will be
those who can live right on the beach. This is OK with some people, I guess.
But in other parts of the country, the trend is to reverse this process. To
each his own, I guess.

--
Do not respond to my Hotmail address. It's never checked. Post all responses
here.