NOYB

Default E-Tec - Whats your experience?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:30:34 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

By the way, I went to look at a 282 Grady White today - I'm thinking
as my partner is finally financially secure enough and he wants to
purchase the Contender. I'm not convinced I want a 282 - I'm thinking
an Albin or maybe even one of the new Topaz, but I'm not a diesel fan.

If you want outboards, I'd look at the Grady White or Pursuit. I chose
the
Grady because I heard that Grady White is far superior to work with if you
have a problem after the sale.

Well, I want E-TECs and I'm not sure what Grady's policy is on that. I
believe they are tied in with Yamaha or maybe Merc. I know somebody
who tried to buy a bare boat from Grady and couldn't - or so he says.
After the holidays, I'll give them a call and see what's what.

Grady factory rigs for Yamaha motors. But I'm pretty sure that you can
order one rigged with whatever motors you'd like.

I've always been a big fan of Pursuit as a boat and I'd look at one of
those as long as I could get what I wanted.

Pro Line also has a bigger boat now - I think it the 30' category
which might be attractive, but that may also be a Grady situation.

I'm not a fan of Proline. I do like the Hydrasports Vector line though.

Like I said, I've got time and if I can sell my 20' Ranger bay boat to
buy a 24' Ranger bay boat, I may wait a year to see what's what on the
used market for something even bigger.

But I hate diesels. Except in my pickup truck. :)

Later,

Tom