posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Default Hey Bob Crantz-- Your answer

Oh Cripes!!... ... I think I got the bends!

CM

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ive been kicking your question around for a week and can't seem to
find any answer.

The problem is I'm uncomfortable with the phrase "the purpose of my
life". My purpose in
life, in broad general terms, has changed several times in my lifetime.
My purpose in a detailed, immediate way changes from day too day and
moment to moment.

I have had a purpose in life to Captain boats and learn as much as I
could.

I had a purpose in life to woo and marry my current wife ....which was
quite all-consuming at the time.

My purpose now is to work hard enough to acheive an enjoyable
cruising retirement.

Sometimes my purposes turn out to be impossible to achieve.

I don't feel there is a purpose to my life...... or for my life other
then the
purposes I've given it.

It is true that other people have had expectations of me, things they
wanted from me or things they wanted me to do, like my current client,
past dispachers, ect........

But their expectations are not considered by me to be a purpose of my
life.

I can't think of any set of actions which I feel is required of me in
order
that I can say "my purpose is fulfilled."

Who would define such a set?

I am free. Free of the burden of other's purposes for me, free to set
my own purposes.

And I do.

Joe