Glenn Ashmore

Default Which boat is most likely to capsize ?

Based on those numbers (which are highly theoretical);
The Tayana will be a bit have a more comfortable motion but most possible of
capsize and slower to recover.
The Catalina will be stiffer and harder to turn over, may turn turtle in a
major knock down but faster to recover.
The Beneteau will be between on comfort and can handle a more severe knock
down but will recover slower than the Catalina and faster than the Tayana.

You need to get over the buy now fever and invest in a few books. .

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

wrote in message
k.net...

TAYANA VANCOUVER 460 PILOT
Angle of vanishing stability = 110 degrees
Ballast/displacement = 0.24
Capsize screening ratio = 1.57

BENETEAU 473
Angle of vanishing stability = 119 degrees
Ballast/displacement = 0.34
Capsize screening ratio = 1.96

CATALINA 42 MARK II
Angle of vanishing stability = 105 degrees
Ballast/displacement = 0.39
Capsize screening ratio = 1.97