Maynard G. Krebbs

Default OT National Geographic - favourite tourism sites

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:05:41 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Maynard G. Krebbs wrote in message I've got a 12
gauge Remington 870 Marine Magnum.
You don't want the pistol grip though. Regular stock and forend is
the way to go on heavy shotguns.
In My Humble Opinion anyway.
Mark E. Williams

I didn't want it for hunting...just to play with. I like to blast tin cans,
old derelict vehicles etc.
On the other hand, your version would be better for skeet shooting.

Better for any shooting with a shotgun that takes 3" magnums. The
pistol grip tends to lower your elbow while sighting. Not a minus
with a weapon that doesn't kick hard (the M16 comes to mind here).

The regular stock tends to raise your elbow thereby pulling the stock
into your shoulder. More controllable recoil and less shoulder
damage. )

Mark E. Williams