posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Nystrom

Default Generating plywood panels from hull sections

Paolo Zini wrote:
I have a set of 20 hull sections that I would like to input into a
design program, then generate panels for S&G construction. Any
suggestions for software that will allow me to do that?

You can do it using Hullform 8 or 9, plate enanced version.
You can start creating one hull with the correct section and chine numbers,
afther that you can edit the section (edit sections, then text edit)
entering the new numbers...
You can also use free!ship http://www.freeship.org/ that can make the same
thing in a similar way.

I speak about free software because I am a non professional, then I use only
free or demo software...

Thanks for the link Paolo. I downloaded it and found a similar design
that I may be able to modify, rather than starting from scratch. We'll see.