K. Smith

Default Boarded by the Coast Guard yesterday

Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:

Enroute from Seattle to Poulsbo, (to do a little "holiday" shopping),
we got hauled down by the Coast Guard in Port Madison.

It was really no big deal, but I thought a few things were odd:

First, I was monitoring 16 but there was no attempt to hail the boat.
The CG was originally proceeding in the opposite direction, but then
did a quick turn to come up along side.

Second, the kids were, *kids*!. Two male and two female officers, (the
female officers stayed aboard the patrol boat), but they all looked
like they had graduated high school just last June.

I sort of had to help the one kid through the inspection. He didn't
know the name of the body of water where he had stopped us. (!) He
looked really puzzled after he asked whether we had our sanitation Y
valve wired shut and I told him "no". I let him stew for a few seconds
before telling him we have an approved Type I MSD. He was really
relieved as he continued his report. "Oh, yeah! Approved Type I MSD!
Super, thanks."

They looked at:

1) Documentation and ID
2) PFD's
3) oil discharge placard
4) garbage placard
5) fire extinguishers
6) horn
7) throwable devices (we carry two life rings)

They made a big deal about having Chart #1 on board. (I did).
They didn't even ask to see my flares........and that's a good thing as
my 12-gauge flares expired the end of November 2005. :-)

While the one officer followed me around the boat to check off his
list, the other officer sat at the dining table and called a *lot* of
personal information from my driver's license into a central data bank.

I did get a warning for my horn. Every few years that electric horn
gives out, and in the wet weather we have had the last few weeks it
decided to crap out since the last use and just in time for the CG
boarding. I think I'll look into an air horn. The CG officer did
mention that if I get boarded again and the horn isn't working the CG
can order me to cease operations- so I'll pick up a canned horn (which
is enough to meet the requirement) while deciding about the air horn.

Worst part of the experience was the 15 minute delay. Overall, the CG
was very professional and polite.

Obviously, the Coasties were not aware that you are known to hang out in
rec.boats with the right-wing militia types.

The one time I was "boarded" in Chesapeake Bay was by a beautiful young
resources cop. The single buddy I was with at the time tried to pick her
up for a date.

Later that season, I read where she was shot and killed by some bad guys
on the Bay. I recall "drug smugglers" were suspected. This was eight or
nine years ago, if my fading memory serves. I've had no luck dredging up
a news clipping about the shooting.

This is clearly just another of the Krause lies, so I'll keep a copy for
later.

He just makes this BS up as he goes along, seriously given the rubbish
he posts here by the minute can anyone with a brain (that leaves his
leftie lackies well out of it).

Imagine he wouldn't have gone on & on & on about this made up story??

Forgetting the factual holes in it, like all his lies before it's
designed to perpetuate the lie that he even has a boat.

Anyway just calling the liar as more of you should, he's so full on BS.