NOYB

Default OT National Geographic - favourite tourism sites

"Don White" wrote in message
Where's Nobby?.......
As reported in today's newspaper...
A survey of industry experts in the March edition of 'National Geographic
Traveler' has Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
as the second top spot in the world to visit.

That's right...second only to the Norwegian fiords.

No mention of the 'Gulf Coast of Florida'.
see

If you read the entire article that you cited, you'd know *why* the Gulf
Coast of Florida wasn't listed:

"Popular places today are subject to a variety of pressures - development,
pollution, globalization, mass tourism," the magazine's publisher stated.
"We wanted to get a measure of how well destinations are taking care of
themselves."

"Typical sun-and-sand destinations score low because most are vulnerable to
overbuilding and degradation."

Wanna know *why* we're vulnerable to "overbuilding and degradation"?
Because people actually *want* to live in Southwest Florida. I know it's a
difficult concept to understand for someone that lives in a place where
more people are emigrating from than immigrating to...