posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Nystrom

Default Generating plywood panels from hull sections

wrote:
How do you expect it to be possible to show the build boats and the
accurate plans , even for lapstrake hulls that is not the useal smooth
surface CAD models of boats, no Cyber-Boat did bring it a step further
these jokers just didn't wanted that, and made usenet their evil
playground.
Still you proberly shuld look closer into the thing I promote instead
of this simple unfolding thing, acturly there are something much more
important than the shivering unfolded panels ,what they acturly are
placed on ,the framework you place any paneling ontop and that is much
more important than the unfolded surfaces ; that is the real challance
,realy unfolding are way overexposed it is nothing and the programming
are trivial , ---- think about it whatever you think you need it for
,it never brought what it promised and why -- becaurse it is as
important to have a structure undreneath the panels othervise they are
impossible to assemble into that shape being unfolded.

snip

Fine, I'm perfectly willing to accept that it's a nice design package,
but where is it available? I'm beginning to feel like I'm chasing
unicorns. It is real or just a memory? Is it a stand-alone package or
does one need AutoCad or another Cad package to use it? Please answer
these questions, rather than just complaining about the past. I can't do
anything about that and reading about it isn't addressing my needs.