John H.

Default We purchased a Holdiay tree today......................

On 3 Dec 2005 20:05:20 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 3 Dec 2005 19:02:25 -0800,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:58:26 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

John H. wrote:
How many of the 45 million
babies killed would have lived if they'd simply been born at the time
they were killed? More than a thousand? Ten percent? One percent?

--
John

And think of the poor sperm that oozes out...and the eggs wasted each month.

Hard question, huh? "It's just a fetus kicking, honey." Ring any
bells?

Here, I'll repeat one you seem to have missed.

Harry, all nations have their Holy Days. Our nation does too. If you
don't want to join in the celebration of Christ's birth, don't do it.

Our nation does not. "Congress shall make no law......" go back and
read the first amendment.

Looks like they blew it. Christmas is a federal Holy Day.

Nonsense. Christmas is a federal holiday, not holy day.

Yes, the entymology of "holiday" is closely associated with "holy day",
but if we are to accept your declaration of a national "holy day",
would you please explain the religious significance of the other
national "holy days?" Why not start with Labor Day? Fourth of July? (Is
that in the Bible somehwere)? Maybe follow up with Ground Hog Day? :-)
Why isn't Easter a national holiday? (Good Friday is a national holiday
in Canada and some other countries).

(Actually Ground Hog Day is the modern extension of both pagan and
Christian traditions.
In the ancient church it used to be called "Candlemass", and noted the
end of the period of Mary's ritual purification following the Nativity)

Closely associated? Like, maybe, dead on?

The other days you mention are 'celebration days', what the Germans
would call 'feiertag'. The word 'holiday' leeched its way onto those
days because of the language laziness found in most of us. You are
correct, those are not holy days.

Christmas, however, is a national Holy Day, and there is nothing wrong
with that.

So, I hope you have an enjoyable Christmas Holy Day, although it
sounds as though the Grinch has already paid you a visit.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you the best as we celebrate the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.