posted to rec.boats.building
Steve Lusardi

Default Bruce Roberts

Gk,
What you want to do is illegal. The design is not public property. Buying a
license to build is the honest correct method. If you are worried about the
cost of Bruce's plans, you shouldn't be building a boat, because you are
probably not prepared for the project cost. Please keep in mind the hull
cost is only 10% of the total.
Steve

"GK" wrote in message ...
I am considering to build a Bruce Roberts 370 D.
I have read some pro´s and contra´s concerning his design.
What is your opinion ?

concerning the prices: My very personal opinion is that
the cutting files for the 370 D (!) for about US$ 8 T are overpriced,
as well as to buy the precut steel for about US$ 30 T, only the steel
precut, not the complete steel caso.

I have an offer from a (professional) shipyard which offers me to build
the caso,
based on the 370 D study plans, for less.
What is your opinion about this ?
Is this possible from the technical point of view ?

Thanks,

Fred