posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Don Dando

Default Which Bilge Pump?

Chris,

In my opinion and experience, expensive ones burn up or get clogged with
leaves and bilge litter just as fast as the cheap ones! Hence, I buy a
very modest cost one and if I get 2 years out of it I feel lucky, but since
they are cheap I usually buy two at a time so when one conks out I have the
replacement on hand. I like to keep one spare at all times.

Think how many cheap ones you can buy for the cost of the very best one,
then ask if the expensive one is really X times better than the cheap one?

Don Dando

"Chris" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd like recommendations which brand/type
automatic bilge pump to get: It will need to
fit into the bilge of a Newport 27, which I am
guessing is 4" wide and 4-5" high.

Thanks a lot!

Chris