John H.

Default We purchased a Holdiay tree today......................

On 3 Dec 2005 19:02:25 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:58:26 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

John H. wrote:
How many of the 45 million
babies killed would have lived if they'd simply been born at the time
they were killed? More than a thousand? Ten percent? One percent?

--
John

And think of the poor sperm that oozes out...and the eggs wasted each month.

Hard question, huh? "It's just a fetus kicking, honey." Ring any
bells?

Here, I'll repeat one you seem to have missed.

Harry, all nations have their Holy Days. Our nation does too. If you
don't want to join in the celebration of Christ's birth, don't do it.

Our nation does not. "Congress shall make no law......" go back and
read the first amendment.

Looks like they blew it. Christmas is a federal Holy Day.

Are Jews un-American?

Only un-American Jews are un-American. I would have no problem with
Chanukah being a national Holy Day also. If their is a day especially
holy to Muslims, then it can also be a national Holy Day.

How about atheists and agnostics? Are they less American because they
don't pray to Jesus, or don't pray at all? They're a heck of a lot less
Christian, for sure. But most of the Christians in the world aren't
Americans. Christmas is not a "national holy day" . My ancestors began
arriving here in the early 1600's specifically to get away from
"official state holy days." Our founders set up a system where you are
free to practice your religion as you see fit, but it will never be the
"national" religion. Sorry.

Is there a day that is holy to atheists and/or agnostics? If so, make
it a national Holy Day.

I'm happy for your ancestors. They had a bearing in the development of
you. We need people like you to show us how important the Christmas
Holy Day really is.

Thanks for all you do.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you the best as we celebrate the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.