-rick-

Default We purchased a Holdiay tree today......................

wrote in message
oups.com...

The decorated tree in your living room is a "pagan" symbol of the first
order. The ancient Celts and the Germanic tribes had a solstice
tradition where a small tree would be brought into the home and
showered with offerings (tinsel, jewelry, "ornaments") to honor the
Spirit of the Forest. The tree serves as a sort of altar.

For precisely that reason my fundamentalist preacher brother-in-law has always
refused to allow a Christmas tree in his house.

-rick-