Jim

Default ( OT ) Great debate (interview?) KWIATKOWSKI vs GIBSON (Faux "News"?)

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_ro...tml/index.html
You might have to watch a commercial to read this

Extract

KWIATKOWSKI: My concern is that George Tenet is absolutely correct.
The facts that he had were not even used. The facts that were used to
make up the propaganda, the content of the presidential speeches in the
fall of 2002, much of that information was never produced by the CIA. It
was information from other sources.

GIBSON: Well, right. But why do you call it propaganda? I mean, people
who are elected to make decisions about the safety of the nation have to
make a prudent decision based on the information they see. Why would you
characterize the information they see and what they say about their
decisions as propaganda instead of prudent decisions? What do you know?

KWIATKOWSKI: Yes. Well, prudence does not enter into the things that
were said in the fall of 2002 to the Congress and to the American
people. That was very imprudent as we know now, as the president has had
to backtrack on many of those things. So, prudence doesn't enter it.

GIBSON: Wait a minute, are you saying that war was such a grave error
that today Saddam Hussein should still be running Iraq?

KWIATKOWSKI: I like how you put that question.

GIBSON: Well, what's the answer?

KWIATKOWSKI: I'm no fan of Saddam Hussein. Saddam Hussein should not be
running Iraq but the Iraqi people should be the ones that make that
decision not ...

GIBSON: But Ms. Kwiatkowski, what you seem to be saying is, yes, I want
it both ways, I want Saddam Hussein gone but I want to criticize the
president for doing it because I don't like the reasons he cited for
doing it.

KWIATKOWSKI: You know what? I don't like the lies that are being called
reasons. Ok? There are some very valid reasons for this country to have
gone in and toppled Saddam Hussein. None of those reasons were presented
by the president or the vice president ...