posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default More Breaker Panel Mess

chuck wrote in news:haikf.8489$N45.4470
@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

providing an opportunity for a
potential difference between your DC ground system and the grounded

case
of an AC appliance. An improperly wired boat in the next slip can cause
real safety problems aboard you vessel.

Show me how. The water is earth ground, no matter how the joker's boat
is wired next door. If he's wired wrong, the AC current through the
water will trip the AC breaker on the dock. Try it.

There is NO WAY for the guy's boat next door to raise the AC potential of
the whole ocean up off the AC shore ground potential my fridge is
connected to! He'd need a thousand amp breaker to raise it a tiny
fraction. The shore power ground is hooked to the earth/seawater.