posted to rec.boats.building
steamer

Default Generating plywood panels from hull sections

--It was this ****ing contest mentality that made me stop
reading rec.boats.building. Seems to me the bottom line is this
cyber-boat crap is inadequate to the task of designing anything other
than a limited variety of hull types. For those who are heading down
other roads there *must* be some other software packages available.
Assuming you don't want free/limited but don't want to pay a couple of
grand either, what *is* available?
--As for me I've decided to do it the "old fashioned" way; i.e.
make a model, do some tank tests and make sure it "feels" right B4
scaling up.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Nihil curo de ista tua
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : stulta superstitione...