posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Nystrom

Default Generating plywood panels from hull sections

wrote:
Hi

"Now I'm really confused. I joined the group and did some searching
around and I haven't found links to any Cyber-Boat software. Searching
the web for "Cyber-Boat" produces links to the Yahoo group and a few
other designs, but that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the
impression that what's on the group are designs that must be
viewed/modified using AutoCad. Can anyone clear this up for me? "

No you shuldn't expect Cyber-Boat to offer the free download software,

Who said anything about "free"? What I asked was for a program that
would allow me to enter sections, fair the shape and create panels.

-- now this been an issue in this group before ,as when you check the
free-download designs and full-scale drawings in the Cyber-Boat groups,
then any amature builder with a small CAD proram ofcaurse would love to
have the simple applications that make this possible.

But due to the group bullying and promoting of specific flatbottom
designs ,vaste material boatsbuilding replacing real boats building and
desktop designers promoting grandfathers designs , Cyber-Boat stopped
at just that point where you all could have profited by it's software
--- software that can do exactly what you asked and _much_ more such as
3D morphing between two 3D designs that then can produce both unfolded
panels and framework ; but no, --- you just check back and see the
bullying and harasment that came as soon as Cyber-Boat treadened the
flatbottom vaste materials "designs" .

Frankly, I really don't care about all of that nonsense. I wasn't part
of it (I don't even know when it happened) and I'm not going to get into
it now. I also have no interest in your ranting, as it's not solving my
problem. If there is software available that will do what I need, please
tell me where and how to get it. If not, please don't waste my time
telling me about a product that isn't available.