Bryan

Default We purchased a Holdiay tree today......................

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
Damn it, we got it in the house and it looks just like a Christmas tree.

I always laugh my arse off at the very notion of a "Christmas tree."

I've even seen "Christmas Trees" set up in churches. Wow. Talk about
confused........

The decorated tree in your living room is a "pagan" symbol of the first
order. The ancient Celts and the Germanic tribes had a solstice

Yea, verily though I walk through the shadows of christmas trees, the tree
is but a symbol of the time of year, of the holy day, of a gathering of
family and friends to share the idea of good will toward others. I don't
recall the 3 wisemen dragging a christmas tree to the manger.

We have a christmas tree because it is a tradition, it looks nice, it smells
nice, and it's a gathering place for gifts, family, friends, and fire
hazards. It ain't no big thang! And given my celtic and germanic ancestry,
why the hell shouldn't I celebrate the damn tree. ; )