Gary

Default Longest Dead Calm (or Becalmed) Sailing Experience?

wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:09:25 GMT, Gary wrote:

_______________________________________________ ___
Jack Dale
ISPA Yachtmaster Offshore Instructor
CYA Advanced Cruising Instructor
Director, Swiftsure Sailing Academy
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com
_______________________________________________ ___

That was the Vic-Maui that my predecessor won in Oriole. The wind going
was great that year as I understand it.
Did you do the race? (I didn't)

Did not do the race - just a 21 day and 90 minute delivery from
Honolulu to Port Renfrew.

I would like to do the race. Last year I turned down an position as
an instructor on the Van Isle 360.

I've done the last two Van-Isle 360s. It is a great race but it has
been discovered and the sleds and rock stars are showing up now. It
really is a great idea for a race, like the Tour de France, yacht style.

What boat wanted you?