Dan Krueger

Default Holiday Shopping Annoyance #1

Harry Krause wrote:

*JimH* wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Frippin; rebates. I hate mail-in rebates. Pain in the ass, and they
usually never show. Which is what the retailer counts on, I guess.

Humbug. Bah.

If you went Christmas shopping instead of holiday shopping you would
not have that problem Harry. ;-)

I went Christmas shopping. These gifts are for "Christians."
In fact, I left a grand worth of merch at the checkout after a nice
piece of gear I found at a really nice price was only priced really nice
because of a $150 mail in rebate, the language for which was in the
smallest possible type at the bottom of a countertop display. There
wasn't even an asterisk.

I'm not sure the manager of the Office Depot ever before heard a
customer in a crowded shopping lane say to his face, "Fu*k you and fu*k
your lying store, too."

Heh heh.

Wow. Who really needs the "mellow-out pills"? This guy had no control
over the rebates or any other corporate deals.

Dan